Certified Lean training – LCS level 2
As a Lean Thinking consultancy, Ad Esse is focused on delivering value to our customers and are always looking at how we can continuously improve our approach. We are often asked if there are alternatives to ‘belts’ awarded in Six Sigma for those delivering improvement projects using Lean Thinking principles. Therefore, we have expanded our offering by becoming an accredited provider of Lean training through the Lean Competency System (LCS). This allows us to award certification at various levels of Lean competency to those involved in Lean improvement projects.
What is an LCS qualification?
LCS accredited training is delivered alongside existing projects, with a group of Lean practitioners who learn through their involvement in delivering the project itself. We firmly believe that Lean Thinking is a philosophy that cannot simply be trained in and instead, requires experience and application of knowledge. Supporting Lean practitioners in applying theory through leading workshops and other Lean activity is integral to our training approach.
Where training does take place in a classroom environment, this is to offer a ‘safe space’ to Lean practitioners before they apply what they’ve learnt in a ‘live’ environment.
The purpose of certification, whilst rewarding staff for their efforts, is ultimately to increase and sustain improvement capability within your workforce to deliver Lean improvement projects without the need for external support in the future. Therefore, we will only award certification when we are sure the practitioner is capable. Along with encouraging self-review and coaching through the project, we have developed a robust method of assessment through multiple-choice tests, learning logs, A3 reports and interview, depending on the level of certification.
In addition to delivering Level 1 LCS certification, we are now approved to deliver Level 2 training. Level 2 is split into two levels and runs alongside large scale Lean improvement projects such as departmental service reviews or organisation-wide transformation. Depending on the scope of the project, we will discuss the level of certification that those involved in the delivery could expect to achieve.
- Level 2a is tailored to those who make up the team of Lean practitioners, in other words, your internal improvement consultants. Lean practitioners will have the opportunity to apply the skills learnt through training workshops and observation and will develop advanced Lean knowledge to be able to implement Lean improvement across functions with minimal support.
- Level 2b is for those who are leading Lean transformation projects and managing a group of Lean practitioners. The training sessions and application of learning will be the same as 2a, however, with additional coaching from Ad Esse to support the lead on overall programme delivery and development of the team of practitioners.
What does this mean for you?
With accreditation, you can:
- Recognise and reward your staff
- Assure robust, high quality training
- Increase sustainability and aid ROI by having trained internal staff
- Increase overall capability within the organisation
Join our mailing list
Receive more business improvement insights like this. Fill in the form below.