Pounce on productivity in 2022
January is the time of the year that people traditionally start new hobbies, commit to resolutions, and formulate plans. Make these things possible by protecting your personal time and becoming more productive in work time.
According to the Chinese calendar, 2022 is the year of the tiger. So, channel your inner tiger this year and get ready to attack your workload.
The Ad Esse team have pulled together a list of our top tips to help you save precious minutes (and maybe even hours) every day.
Incredibly adaptive, tigers can survive in vastly diverse habitats of extreme temperatures.” – WWF
2022 is the year of the tiger. Make it a productive one.
Take a look at our productivity tips below.
- If you’re struggling to write something, just put anything down on the paper, you can’t edit a blank page
- Work on one thing at a time – don’t multi-task
- Set your workspace before you start work, otherwise your workspace will become a distraction
- Breakdown larger tasks into smaller ones
- Keep a to do list or a kanban board for tasks you’re working on
- Turn off your notifications (phone and computer)
- Put your phone on silent and let it go to voicemail if you’re working on something really important
- Put a pen and paper beside you at night in case you remember something important
- Write your to-do list the night before
- Make the most of your natural energy levels and schedule your work for when you’re ‘feeling’ productive
- If a task takes <10 minutes then just do it, don’t schedule it
- Harness the 80/20 rule – focus on the 20% of your work that produces the 80% of results
- Delegate any tasks that should be done by someone else
- Eliminate any tasks that should be done by someone else
- Eliminate trivial decisions from your day (like what to eat for lunch)
- Set a daily priority
- Start your day with a short team huddle – this will reduce emails sent throughout the day
- Block time out in your calendar for important tasks
- Take regular, scheduled breaks
Join our mailing list
Receive more business improvement insights like this. Fill in the form below.